This was one of the first meals I learned to make as a child so as you can imagine, it’s super easy, simple to make, and only made with 4 ingredients. I’m not sure if this is actually as delicious as I think it is, or if it just brings back so many happy childhood memories that I believe it’s delicious? I’ve tried elevating this middle school recipe, but I always keep going back so here’s the original recipe for a tasty pasta salad.
- 1 16 oz box of tri-color rotini pasta
- 2 3.8 oz cans of sliced black olives
- ½ – ¾ pounds of hard salami (ask deli to slice into about 1 inch slices for cubing – should be about 2 slices), cubed
- ½ cup of Kraft’s Tuscan House Italian dressing (or your favorite Italian dressing, except Zesty… Zesty is not good)
- Cook pasta according to directions. Strain and place in a large bowl/tupperware.
- Open cans of olives and strain 1 can of olives. Pour both olives and juice of the other can into the pasta.
- Add salami and Italian dressing into the pasta.
- Stir and refrigerate for at least 2 hours while the pasta soaks up the flavors of the dressing and olive oil.
- Serve cold.